Updating the operating system of your TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator gets you the latest features and capabilities that Texas Instruments has to offer. This includes the ability to run archived programs, graph piecewise functions, access to new TI-Basic commands, and more. Let’s get started!
Updating Your Operating System
- Download and install TI Connect CE onto your computer if you don’t have it installed already: TI Connect CE Download
- Download the latest operating system for the TI-84 Plus CE: TI-84 Plus CE OS
- Open up TI Connect CE on your computer.
- Plug your calculator into your computer using the charging cable.
- Click on the Calculator Explorer tab on the sidebar. It’s the tab under the camera icon.
- Drag the TI-84 Plus CE operating system file you downloaded into the list of files shown.
- Click send, and wait for the calculator to install the new operating system.
If all went well, then congratulations! You have updated your operating system. If not, read our troubleshooting section below.
- Nothing happens when I drag the file into TI Connect CE: You can manually send the file by clicking on the “Actions” button in the top bar, clicking “Send OS/Bundle to Calculators”, and navigating to the OS file you downloaded.
- It says the operating system is not compatible: Are you sure you have a TI-84 Plus CE? The operating system given above will only work with this calculator, and you will have to download a different file for the TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.
- My calculator is not connecting to my computer: There are a few things you can try. First, try pushing the cable in harder, you may have to push harder than you think you have to. Second, try using a different computer or reinstalling TI Connect CE.
- Something else? Try contacting TI’s support team, TI Cares